Safety Procedures – Hyatt Regency Miami
To ensure that everyone has a safe and comfortable stay while in at the Hyatt Regency Miami, please take a minute to read the following information to familiarize yourself with the safety features and procedures of this hotel.
Fire Safety Features
Please familiarize yourself with the location of hallway fire exits and extinguishers. In the event of a fire, please follow the steps below:
To report a fire, press 0 for hotel operator and activate the nearest pull station.
When the general alarm is activated and an alarm will sound. The alarm sounds throughout the entire facility for any incident within the hotel or conference wing. Please keep the following in mind when preparing to evacuate your room:
- Take your key
- Test your door for heat and smoke before exiting
- If the hallway is clear, exit by the nearest stairwell
- Do not use the elevator
Should the door be warm or the hallway impassable:
- Place wet towels at the base of the door
- Contact the Hotel Operator by dialing 0 and give them your name and room number
- Turn off your air conditioner/heater to keep smoke from entering the room
- Stay low and avoid inhaling smoke
Security and Medical Emergencies
Please do not keep money or valuables out in plain view. Safety deposit boxes are available in your sleeping room. State laws limit the liability of the hotel for the loss or damage of personal property. Hotel Security can be reached by 3215 from any house phone.
The hotel has provided your room with a safety latch and dead bolt lock. It is suggested that you fasten the safety devices and double lock your door when you are in your room. It is also important to always first identify individuals before admitting them in your room.
In case of emergency, medical or other, please dial 0 for the hotel’s operator from any house phone. All Hotel Security, are fully trained in CPR procedures. Lost and found can be reached through security.
When traveling off-site, please stay in groups and use the organized transportation provided. Otherwise, the use of taxicabs is preferred over the late-night driving of personal cars. If you are separating from the group, please travel with one or more partners.
If problems are encountered, assistance can be requested from the hotel’s Front Desk.
Emergency Exit Access for Those with Limited Mobility
Fire rescue would need to be called to carry the individual out as the elevators will shut down (this only applies if the individual is on the 3rd floor or above. Terrace and lobby level have ramp access to the outdoors).
What Should a Deaf Person Who Cannot Use a Voice Telephone Do to Report an Emergency?
The Hyatt Regency Miami has 3 Audio Impaired kits that a guest may request at the front desk if needed.
- The Hyatt Regency Miami has 28 wheelchair-accessible hotel rooms.
- The hotel has 1 ADA compliant pool lift.
- There are hotel staff members who speak English, Spanish, French, and Creole. Unfortunately, we do not have name tags specifying the languages we speak, but we have front desk agents who can speak the 4 languages above. We do have international adapters that you may request from Front Desk/Housekeeping.
- All nearby restaurants should be ADA accessible. More detailed information on the Miami-Dade Transportation system’s accessibility can be found at their website. You can also speak directly to an ADA coordinator by calling +1(786) 469-5225.
- Attendees with service animals can find veterinary services at Brickell Bay Animal Hospital, VCA Hospitals, and Wags Hospital.